Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

wierd dreams 2

here's another blog i moved over from the old site:

Here's a follow-up to the crazy dream I just posted. After a little research I found that keeping a dream journal is a good way to train yourself to lucid dreaming. That's what started this whole thing, btw.

The day before senior thesis presentations started for my student group, finishing my presentation was all I could think about. When I got home from class, I took a nap, intending to pull an all-nighter to finish everything. In the impending dream, the entire Fine Arts department (students and staff) took a weekend getaway for a team-building exercise.

When we got there we were split into two groups: male and female. We were each charged with coming up with a motion project. I had the perfect idea that everyone in my group got behind. In it, a static image of Adam Richter, our AIGA student group president, was displayed on screen. A cheesy 90’s-style rap (think "Whoomp, there it is!") started and Adam’s mouth began moving in a cartoon fashion. The lyrics were:

Is your jacket on the left or is it on the right?

Then static images of the rest of our group took over the screen with moving cartoon mouths, singing:

On the left! On the left! Our jackets on the left!

Different verses followed with the jacket being on the right, then on the left again, and so on. The imagery of the project alternated between images of Adam calling to the group and the group responding with which direction we felt the jacket was on. Sometimes he would appear with sunglasses or a funny smirk on his face. The group in the dream loved it, and when I woke up I could have sworn it was a real song. I even tried to Google it. Alas, if I want to hear it, I’ll have to produce it myself.

This wasn’t the first time I made up a song in one of my dreams. Right after I got Guitar Hero, I woke up singing a song to the tune of Motley Crue’s Shout at the Devil. It was called No More Dishes. Basically, it just repeated No More Dishes over and over to the chorus of the Motley Crue song from which it borrowed. That song was stuck in my head for a couple of days until I figured out where I had gotten the music for it. Who knows how long I’ll have The Jacket Song stuck up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment